Graduate Program Applications
Applications and related information below are for the following Masters Programs in World Languages in Literature:
M.A.: in French, German, Japanese, and Spanish
M.A.: in Foreign Literature and Language
The admission process will be delayed if you submit incomplete applications. Admission to graduate study is granted on the basis of evidence of suitable preparation and the probability of success in the intended field of study.
If you do not register for the term to which you are admitted, your admission will be automatically cancelled unless you notify the Office of Admission and the WLL Department of your intent to change the date of enrollment.
Notification must be given prior to the term for which you are admitted. Failure to supply complete and accurate information will subject you to the University's policies governing academic dishonesty.
APPLICATION 1: University Application
1. Complete the PSU Application for Graduate Admission. Pay the $50 fee online.
2. Send one official transcript, in its unopened envelope, from each post-secondary institution attended.
International students must apply to the Department of Admissions by completing the International Student Admissions process.
APPLICATION 2: Application for the Department of World Languages and Literatures
- World Languages and Literatures Graduate Application Form. All supporting documents (described below) can be uploaded through this online application system.
- One transcript for each post-secondary institution attended.
- Two letters of recommendation from individuals with whom you have studied or who know your work.
- Written statement detailing your background, and indicating goal and reasons for selecting this field as a future profession.
- A writing sample from your most recent coursework in the language(s) for which you are applying.
As a PSU student, you are responsible for being familiar and complying with all rules and regulations governing graduate study as set forth in the catalog.
Fall Term: April 1 | Winter Term: September 1 |Spring Term: November 1 | Summer Session: February 1
Please note that WLL departmental application dates vary. Spanish admits for fall quarter only, and their deadline is April 1st. Japanese, German and French have rolling deadlines. Contact the WLL Department for details.
Graduate Assistantships in World Languages and Literatures provide professional teaching experience as well as financial support for qualified students regularly admitted to PSU graduate programs.
If you are applying to one of our department's MA programs, you may indicate your interest in a GTAship on the online application. If you are not admitted to an MA program in the Department of World Languages and Literatures, please email Amanda Dodds (firstname.lastname@example.org) to inquire about availability of GTAships for non-WLL students.