Job Title: Instructor or Senior Instructor of Russian Portland State University
The Russian Program at PSU’s Department of World Languages and Literatures invites applications for a one-year full-time position teaching undergraduate Russian language. The position is for the academic year (fall, winter, and spring quarters) beginning September 16, 2015, and is renewable. Informational interviews will be conducted by Skype or phone.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Teach 36 credits of undergraduate Russian language and culture courses according to the needs of the program.
- Be responsible for first and second-year Russian language instruction
- Maintain regular office hours
- Participate on program, departmental, college and/or university committees as assigned by the Chair and/or Section Head, and regularly attend faculty meetings.
- Masters degree or equivalent in Russian language, literature, linguistics or related field
- Experience teaching Russian at the college level
- Native or near-native fluency in Russian and English
- ACTFL OPI training
- Experience with and affinity for team teaching
- Experience working with heritage speakers of Russian
All applicants must apply online at https://jobs.hrc.pdx.edu/postings/search. Your application should include the following: letter of interest, CV, sample syllabus, and three letters of recommendation. Your referees must submit recommendation letters (on letterhead and signed) as email attachments to email@example.com or by regular mail to Russian Search Committee, Portland State University, Department of World Languages and Literatures, PO Box 751 (WLL), Portland, OR 97207. Submit all required materials by February 2, 2015 to be assured of consideration. Review will begin on February 2, 2015 and continue until finalists are identified