- The Deutsche Sommerschule am Pazifik is open to all students regardless of academic background. Students should have a basic language proficiency, having completed at least two years of college-level German or its equivalent. Courses range from the intermediate, third-year level to advanced graduate seminars. Success at the Sommerschule depends less on academic preparation and background and more on a willingness to be actively involved in the immersion process. Students come from all backgrounds and walks of life, spanning the spectrums of age and profession.
Who attends the Deutsche Sommerschule am Pazifik?
- Students looking to improve their language skills and earn academic credits.
- Individuals who want to brush up their German and learn about German culture, society, and heritage.
- Students and professionals preparing for study or career opportunities in German-speaking countries.
- High school teachers of German seeking increased oral proficiency and practical training.
- Graduate students in all fields who need a background in German language and culture.