Portland State University VetSuccess on Campus
All student Veterans, Active Duty, and Dependents attending Portland State University (PSU) can access the Department of Veterans Affairs through a full time VA Counselor/Coordinator.
VetSuccess on Campus is a program through the Veterans Benefits Administration that places an experienced Vocational Counselor at a local college to provide assistance & support to veteran students and their eligible family members. This counselor will serve as a “one-stop liaison” for Veterans on campus. PSU is only one of twenty campuses in the nation to have an on-campus counselor from the VA.
Your VetSuccess on Campus Counselor can assist you with:
- Information on VA benefits such as life insurance, Home Loan Guarantee, Vocational Rehabilitation & Employment, Post 9/11 GI Bill benefits, and other education benefits (Chapters 30, 32 & 35)
- Guidance and support while using your VA educational benefits
- Vocational exploration and assistance in selecting a suitable career
- Electing your healthcare benefits with Veterans Healthcare Administration (VHA)
- Information and referrals to VA Medical Centers and local Vet Center
- Information on submitting a claim for disability compensation
- Employment information and assistance
- Locating community and other resources