New Veteran Student Checklist
This checklist applies to all new students; including freshmen, transfer and graduate students. For additional information, review the Benefit Information Sheet.
- Apply and establish eligibility for Veterans Education Benefits. There are several different G.I. Bill programs – here’s a list of the different programs offered by the VA and Dept of Defense.
Montgomery G.I. Bill (Chapter 30)
Vocational Rehabilitation (Chapter 31)
Post 9/11 G.I. Bill (Chapter 33)
Survivors' and Dependents' Education Assistance Program (Chapter 35)
Montgomery G.I. Bill/Select Reserve (Chapter 1606)
Reserve Educational Assistance Program (REAP, Chapter 1607)
Post 9/11 G.I. Bill Yellow Ribbon Program
Oregon Veteran Educational Aid Program
Tuition Assistance (TA)
- Obtain transcripts from every college you’ve attended and have them sent directly to PSU Admissions.
- Submit a copy of your DD-214 as well as your Certificate of Eligibility (the VA sent this to you. It outlines the length and specifics of your entitlement). Do this as soon as you recieve it in the mail! This document should be submitted to the Veterans Certification Office, located in Neuberger Hall, Room 104.
- Once you have been accepted to PSU, sign up for an Orientation. It is mandatory and the university does not bend on this. You will recieve a bunch of great information about all things PSU, and you can meet with an adviser to help you register for classes. Also, look for the Veterans Resource Center table at the resource fair!
- Fill out a Certification Form after you have registered for courses (you will need to do this for each term you register for classes). This requires the signature of your Academic Adviser! Once the form is completed, return it to the Veterans Certification Office, located in Neuberger Hall, Room 104. Or fax it to 503-725-5525.