House Bill 2158
What is HB2158?
HB 2158 was signed into law Summer 2013. This bill will reduce tuition costs for non-resident veterans who were admitted to Portland State University for the Fall 2013 or later.
- You must be admitted Fall 2013 or after.
- You must be an undergraduate student, enrolled in credit bearing courses at PSU.
- You must be classified as a non-resident of Oregon for tuition purposes.
- You must have served in the Armed Forces of the United States.
- You must establish domicile in Oregon within 12 months of initial receipt of this benefit.
- You must be relieved or discharged for that service under honorable conditions as defined by ORS 408.225 and as shown on an original or certified copy of your DD-214.
- Veterans who receive vocational rehabilitation education benefits are not eligible.
- Self-Support programs, such as the Online Criminology & Criminal Justice Program are excluded from eligibility for this tuition and fee remission program.
You must submit a copy of your DD-214 to the Veteran Certification Office in 104 Neuberger Hall
Qualified students will have their non-resident tuition reduced after all other VA benefits and Gift Aid (grants and fee remissions) have been deducted. Loans received through financial aid do not fall into this category.
Note: This benefit is not applicable to postbac or graduate students. It is intended for first time undergraduates only.
If you have an questions about the program or application procedures, please contact:
Veterans Certification Office
Neuberger Hall 104