Master of Urban Studies (MUS) Admissions
If you have any questions regarding the admissions process, contact firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone at (503) 725-4045.
If you are interested in learning more about the MUS program, please contact the Tracy Braden, the Academic Advisor/Instructor for CUPA at email@example.com or by phone (503) 725-5477.
Applying to the MUS Program for Fall 2017
The deadline for applications to the MUS program is January 15th. While completed applications for the MUS degree are under review, new applications will be accepted through June 1 for Fall 2017. Applications submitted by the January 15th deadline are given priority for consideration for graduate research assistantships.
International applicants, it is strongly recommended that you have your materials to us by December 1st.
Applicants to the masters or doctoral programs must possess a baccalaureate degree from an accredited institution with a cumulative GPA of 3.0 in all undergraduate courses or must have a cumulative GPA of at least 3.0 in all graduate credits earned at accredited institutions. If admitted, you may be able to transfer a maximum of 24 of the 72 credits (quarter system).
- Transcript(s): A scanned copy of your official transcript from each post-secondary education institution you've attended (this includes any study abroad), must be included in your application. If you are admitted, a sealed official transcripts must also be submitted to the Office of Graduate Studies by the sixth week of your first term at PSU. Please visit the Office of Graduate Studies for complete instructions on submitting transcripts.
- Statement of Purpose: This is an important part of the evaluation process and should be no more than 1000 words. Visit our FAQ page for more detailed instructions.
- 3 Letters of Recommendation: Recommendations should be from individuals familiar with your academic or professional background. It is recommended that the individuals chose have supervised you in some capacity. Recommendations are submitted electronically through the online application system. Visit our FAQ page for more information on recommendation letters.
- Resume/CV: A current resume or CV listing work and educational background.
- GRE Scores: GRE scores, taken within 5 years, are required. Please report your scores on the application. GRE scores should be sent to PSU using code 4610. You will also have an option to upload a copy of your GRE score into the online application system. Please note that you should make arrangements to take the GRE well in advance of the application deadline.
- TOEFL/IELTS Score (international applicants only): a TOEFL score of 550 or better, taken within the past two years.
|Portland State University English Language Requirements|
|550||213||Minimum overall score of 80; Minimum subscore of 18 in reading & writing||Minimum overall score of 6.5; Minimum subscore of 6.5 in reading & writing|
- Financial Resources at TSUSP
- Graduate Research Assistantships; Application for Assistantship (fillable form)
In certain cases, MUS students may defer their admission. Financial awards, however, cannot be deferred.