Cluster: Media Studies
(This SINQ and cluster will no longer be offered as of fall 2011)
In an effort to support effective academic planning by students and to improve the cohesion of University Studies, the program is making a number of changes. As part of these changes, effective fall 2011, the Media Studies cluster will no longer be offered. Please see below for course options.
- If you have completed your SINQ and cluster requirement prior to fall 2011 with this cluster, it will still count toward your requirements.
- A student who has taken the Media Studies SINQ can meet the cluster course requirements by taking one of more courses from the Popular Culture cluster.
- A student who has already taken the Media Studies SINQ, but still needs additional SINQ’s to meet UNST requirements, may count Popular Culture or Freedom, Privacy & Technology SINQ as one of their options.
- A student who has taken previously approved cluster courses listed in the Media Studies cluster may use those courses to meet the Popular Culture cluster course requirements.
- A student who has taken previously approved cluster courses listed in the Media Studies cluster, but are yet to meet the SINQ requirements, may meet the SINQ requirements by taking the Popular Culture SINQ.
- Other cases will be resolved on a case by case basis. Students should not be disadvantaged by having to take additional University Studies requirements because of this programmatic change.
- A student can only count the Popular Culture SINQ once to meet the UNST requirements
If you have any questions about these changes, please contact the University Studies department at 503-725-5890 or by email at askUNST@pdx.edu.