Cluster: European Studies
(This SINQ and cluster will no longer be offered as of Fall 2010)
In an effort to support effective academic planning by students and to improve the cohesion of University Studies, the program is making a number of changes. As part of these changes, effective fall 2010, the European Studies cluster will no longer be offered. Please see below for course options.
- If you have completed your SINQ and cluster requirement prior to fall 2010 with this cluster, it will still count toward your requirements.
- A student who has completed a European Studies SINQ can meet the cluster course requirements by taking one or more courses from the Global Perspectives cluster.
- A student who has already taken European Studies, but still needs additional SINQs to meet UNST requirements, may count the Global Perspectives SINQ as one of their options.
- A student who has taken previously approved cluster courses listed in the European Studies cluster may use those courses to meet the Global Perspectives cluster course requirements.
- A student who has taken previously approved cluster courses listed in European Studies, but still needs to take the connected SINQ, may meet the SINQ requirements by taking the Global Perspectives SINQ.
- Other cases will be resolved on a case by case basis. Students should not be disadvantaged by having to take additional University Studies requirements because of this programmatic change.
- A student can only count the Global Perspectives SINQ once to meet the UNST requirements.
If you have any questions about these changes, please contact the University Studies department at 503-725-5890 or by email at askUNST@pdx.edu.