(This SINQ and cluster will no longer be offered as of Fall 2011)
In an effort to support effective academic planning by students and to improve the cohesion of University Studies, the program is making a number of changes. As part of these changes, effective fall 2011, the Archaeology cluster will no longer be offered. Please see below for course options.
- If you have completed your SINQ and cluster requirement prior to fall 2010 with this cluster, it will still count toward your requirements.
- A student who has taken the Archaeology SINQ can meet the cluster course requirements by taking one of more courses from the Interpreting the Past cluster.
- A student who has already taken the Archaeology SINQ, but still needs additional SINQ’s to meet UNST requirements, may count Interpreting the past SINQ as one of their options.
- A student who has taken previously approved cluster courses listed in the Archaeology cluster may use those courses to meet the Interpreting the Past cluster course requirements.
- A student who has taken previously approved cluster courses listed in the Archaeology cluster, but are yet to meet the SINQ requirements, may meet the SINQ requirements by taking the Interpreting the Past SINQ.
- Other cases will be resolved on a case by case basis. Students should not be disadvantaged by having to take additional University Studies requirements because of this programmatic change.
- A student can only count the Interpreting the Past SINQ once to meet the UNST requirements.
If you have any questions about these changes, please contact the University Studies department at 503-725-5890 or by email at askUNST@pdx.edu.