Below is a comprehensive list of resources that you are welcome to utilize when promoting your events or projects. We hope that you find the following tools and outlets helpful and relevant to assist you with representing PSU in the best way possible and making your event a success.
General Communication Planning
Signages and online community calendars
- Skybridge banners: Please contact Tracy Weber in UComm at email@example.com for skybridge banner protocols
- PSU Radio: Email information to firstname.lastname@example.org. Also email email@example.com to announce it on the air. KPSU needs it at least two weeks prior to the event, and make sure to tell them if it's for the PSU Campus Calendar or the Community Events Calendar.
- Virtual Viking: The Virtual Viking is a weekly newsletter that is e-mailed to Portland State students once a week during fall, winter, and spring terms. If you have a PSU event or announcement that you would like to include in the Virtual Viking, email editor Christian Aniciete at firstname.lastname@example.org no later than Thursday at 5pm before the week of publication.
- Currently: Currently is the faculty and staff weekly newsletter. News items should be sent to University Communications (mail code: UCOMM; email address: email@example.com) by the Tuesday noon before publication. This should include a link to a larger story. Editor Kathryn Kirkland normally only does the lead-ins.
- Viking Events: Announce your events using this site which is currently in Beta as a mobile app.
- PSU Facebook: Post your announcements on PSU's Facebook site which has over 15,000 fans comprised of primarily current and prospective PSU students. Contact Christian Aniciete at firstname.lastname@example.org if you would like to contribute content to PSU's Facebook feed.
- PSU Twitter: Tweet your announcements by tagging PSU's official Twitter site which has over 5,000 followers. Contact Christian Aniciete at email@example.com if you would like to contribute content to PSU's Twitter feed.
- QR Code: A QR Code is a matrix barcode (or two-dimensional code) readable by QR scanners, mobile phones with a camera, and smartphones. This website allows you to create and generate free QR codes
- Google Apps support: http://oit.pdx.edu/google
- PSU YouTube: Use PSU's official YouTube site to upload and share videos. Contact Christian Aniciete for further instructions
- PSU blog: PSU Chronicles is PSU's official student blog. Contact Julie Smith at firstname.lastname@example.org to contribute blog ideas
- Hootsuite - helps you schedule your Twitter/Facebook posts so you can keep them current without having to be at your desk posting live. Learn more about this tool here
- Learn tips and best practices for other PSU social media platforms like Foursquare, Google+, and Instagram
- PSU Graphic Design Center: The Graphic Design Center is a student run design studio at Portland State. The center offers five free hours of work for any student group funded by Incidental (or Student) Fees
Video & Music
- Free music and video: http://www.archive.org/index.php
- PSU Flickr: http://www.flickr.com/photos/portland_state_university
- Photo release policy: http://www.pdx.edu/university-communications
- FREE-license photos: http://commons.wikimedia.org
- FREE stock photos: http://www.dreamstime.com/free-photos
Printing that charges to Index Codes
- Clean Copy
- Documart (pay by invoice) - free and fast delivery and competitive pricing - Contact: Lesleyonemain@documart.com or http://documart.com/store
- Screens, table cloths, etc: University Communications maintains a limited number of display items that can be used at events and trade shows, including table cloths, foam-core mounted photographs, display boards, and more. To view images and materials available, or to reserve them for check-out, contact the office to schedule an appointment.
- PSU Tablecloths and smaller PSU backdrop: The Viking Information Center has a set of PSU table cloths and a PSU backdrop that can be used at events. For more information, please contact 503.725.8240.
- Tabling: Contact Conferences and Events in Smith Student Union to reserve and use tables
- Campus Visits: Staff in the Campus Visits office provide the opportunity for guests to see PSU. Visit programs offer time to meet faculty, mingle with current students, talk with admissions representatives and tour campus. For more information, please call 503.725.5555.
- Student Ambassadors: Student Ambassadors give campus tours, sustainability tours, work as hosts and hostesses at official PSU functions, VIP events, and act as student liaisons with the various communities that PSU serves. To request Student Ambassadors for a tour or event, please contact 503.725.8240.