Getting Started with Facebook
Portland State University's official Facebook page is
Facebook is a social networking website where users can add friends and send them messages, and update their personal profiles to notify friends about themselves. Facebook's mission is to give people the power to share and make the world more open and connected.
Primarily current and prospective students, alumni, and faculty and staff
- To increase fan base
- To generate a minimum of 7 Facebook posts per week (this does not include comments)
- To generate a minimum of 5 fan "likes" per post
- To initiate quality and interactive discussions among fans through interesting and engaging posts
- To generate Portland State University tags/mentions (i.e., "@Portland State University")
1) Log on to www.facebook.com and type in personal log in information
2) Click on Search, type in the name of your Fan Page
3) Once you are on your page, type in a message inside the "What's on your mind?" box. This serves as your "status update" and enables you to update Facebook friends of exciting news, opportunities, or happenings with your unit.
Instructions to PSU Departments and Groups
Review the Social Media Checklist and create your own Facebook page. Please let Christian Aniciete (503-725-2318 or email@example.com) know about your page. He'll help you connect with the official page.
You're also welcome to contribute content to PSU's official page. Connect with Christian to share your ideas.