All Portland State websites that use the enterprise (centrally supported) Drupal content management system include a Google Analytics code to gather data about site users and activity.
Request access to PSU's Google Analytics report
Send e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org. The e-mail should include:
- the fact that you'd like access to the Google Analytics report and
- the e-mail address(es) of those that need access. We recommend using @pdx.edu addresses.
Log in to Google Analytics
Once you have access to the report, go to Google Analytics at www.google.com/analytics in a web browser.
Click the Sign in link.
Enter your e-mail address
- If you're using your @pdx.edu address, skip the password field and click the Sign in button. (If the PSU Universal Login screen appears, enter your Odin username and password and click the login link.)
- If you're using a non-PSU address, enter the password and click the Sign in button.
View Google Analytics data
From the Account Home screen, click the the www.pdx.edu link. This opens the overview screen for Audience data. As you make your way through the left-hand menu, you'll find screens that provide reports on all sorts of data.
Filter the data for a specific site
Here's a specific example for filtering page visit data to a single site.
- Click the Behavior menu item, then Site Content, then All Pages.
- Enter the site address (minus the www.pdx.edu) in the search box and click the Search icon.
The screen goes grey for a moment then redisplays with a list of the most-visited pages for that site.