In the footer region of all pdx.edu Drupal sites, you'll find a collection of social media icons that link to the related services:
In a new PSU website, these icons default to a collection of Facebook, Twitter, Flickr and YouTube icons that link to the University's main accounts with these services. You can customize which icons to use and where they point so that your visitors find your unit's specific social media content.
Manage Follow Links
To configure the Follow links in your site:
- Click the Dashboard link in the administrative menu.
- Click the Manage Follow Links link.
The top portion of the Follow screen lists the active services and associated URLs. The bottom portion lists the inactive services and empty URL fields.
You can perform any of the following actions on this screen. When you've completed all actions, click the Submit button.
- Edit the text in the URL field of an active service to change the link destination.
- Empty the URL field of an active service. (When you click the Submit button, the service will switch from the active portion of the screen to the inactive portion.)
- Enter a URL in an empty URL field of an inactive service. (When you click the Submit button, the service will switch from the inactive portion of the screen to the active portion. As many as seven social media services can be active at once.)
- Click and drag the plus symbols next to any of the active services to order them.
Please direct comments and questions regarding this FAQ to the UComm web team. Feedback is encouraged and appreciated. By the way, the UComm web team is aware that the Twitter icon is outdated and is working on a replacement for this and any others that need updating.