Welcome to Upward Bound
Who we are
Upward Bound, funded by the U.S. Department of Education at $437,808, is a year-round program designed to improve students' academic and study skills in high school, to develop their career and educational plans, and to help them enter and succeed in higher education.
Who we serve
Upward Bound serves 105 low income, first generation high school students from the following schools: Franklin, Grant, Jefferson, Madison, Roosevelt, and Benson. To date, 95% of our students stay in our program through high school graduation and since 2000, 75% of our students are still either in college or have graduated.
What we do
All students receive
- Academic guidance and counseling on a year-round basis
- Daily tutoring in high school courses
- Semester-long courses for high school credit
- A 6-week summer academic program
- Assistance with career and college planning and financial aid
- Opportunities for summer work-study positions (up to $900 for the summer)
- Opportunities to visit colleges and explore careers
- Technology skill-building: web design, photo editing, movie editing, Internet research skills