Smith Memorial Student Union, room 298, 1825SW Broadway
Join the Middle East Studies Center for an information session about studying abroad in the Middle East. This session will cover the basics of how PSU students can pursue education in a Middle Eastern country and scholarships for Middle East language and area studies. Information will also be given about the Foreign Language & Area Studies fellowships.
Come to learn more about:
- Portland State’s Education Abroad coordinated programs to 9 different countries the Middle East: Egypt, Israel, Jordan, Morocco, Qatar, Saudi Arabia, Tunisia, Turkey, and the United Arab Emirates
- Fitting in Education Abroad with your Portland State University academic plan
- Foreign Language & Area Studies fellowships to fund study of the Middle East, including summer intensive language study abroad
- Short-term, faculty-led programs
- Experiences from students who have studied abroad in the Middle East
Open to Portland State University students, faculty and staff
The Middle East Studies Center at Portland State University promotes understanding of the people, cultures, languages and religions of the Middle East. As a National Resource Center for Middle East Studies under the U.S. Department of Education’s Title VI program, the Center serves as a resource on issues pertaining to the Middle East through activities that reach students and scholars, as well as businesses, educators, and the media. The Middle East Studies Center supports academic conferences, workshops, cultural events, lectures, and a resource library.