Commuting to campus by bike can be healthy, fun, and efficient. We have several great programs to help you with route planning, bike maintenance and secure parking:
- Finding the safest and easiest bike route to PSU is easy. Check out the City of Portland's Bicycle Trip Planning webpage. This page features the best online route finding tools!
- Want advice from a pro? Visit the PSU Bike Hub for friendly route planning suggestions, self-service and full-service repairs, and access to all your commuting needs.
- Secure your bike in one of our affordable, electronic-access bike garages.
- Don't have a bike yet or want to rent one for occasional use? Check out our VikeBikes program!
The majority of PSU students commute to campus by pulbic transit. PSU is a hub of bus, lightrail, and streetcar lines that get you to every part of the city!
- Check out the student FlexPass, a discounted transit pass good on the entire TriMet system!
- Plan your trip to PSU ahead of time by using the TriMet Trip Planner.
- Get personalized trip planning, purchase booklets of TriMet's daily tickets, and more at our office!
- Need a car once in a while? Here are some great options for occasional car use without the hassle of owning a car: ZipCar, GetAround, Relay Rides, and Car2Go!
Commuting to PSU by car, or storing a car on campus as a housing resident, can be expensive and the supply of parking is very limited. However, if you choose to drive, we've got some helpful tips for you:
- If you have no other option than to drive to campus, make sure to buy a parking permit before they sell out. Find a permit that fits your schedule, then buy it online!
- Living on campus? Here are the parking permit options for housing residents.
- How to avoid parking citations: get to know our parking regulations ahead of time and learn which mistakes to avoid.
- Learn about our daily and hourly options for occasional car trips to campus without a permit.
- Check out our free state-wide carpool tool, DriveLess.Connect! It finds your carpool partners for you and there's a built in feature to match you with other students at PSU!
PSU is located at the heart of one of America's most walkable cities. By living on or near campus you can save lots of money when it comes to transportation. Plus, walking to class is great for your health and stimulates creativity!