Carpool Permit Restrictions
Carpool Permit Eligibility Requirements
Carpool permits are an excellent way to save money and split the cost of driving. In addition, you'll enjoy our preferential carpool parking spaces within Parking Structure 1 and 2, as well as general spaces in Parking Structure 1, 2 and 3.
- A carpool must include between 2-4 participants, whose class schedules begin or end within 2 hours.
- Class schedules must permit you to carpool for a minimum of three days per week.
- Carpoolers must be registered for 9 or more credits.
- Carpoolers must live within the same zip code OR be located along a logical route to PSU's campus.
- All carpool participants are restricted from purchasing other parking permits during the term.
- Carpools may include both PSU students and staff/faculty.
All carpool participants must be present in person at our office to purchase a carpool permit. No exceptions. Each participant may register a vehicle, but only one physical permit will be issued.
*If you will be moving the permit between multiple PSU registered carpool vehicles, we recommend you place the permit face up in a CD case or in clear plastic, so it can easily be moved from one car dashboard to another.
To avoid a citation:
If using a carpool permit, it must be in one of the vehicles registered with PSU and linked to the permit. If more than one carpool vehicle is found on campus at the same time, you will be cited for misuse of permit ($80) to each vehicle ($160!). Abuse of the carpool permit, whether intentional or accidental, is serious and expensive. It is extremely important for carpool participants to communicate with one another when coming to campus in separate vehicles with carpool permits, in order to avoid being cited, and to make sure your permit is visible to Enforcement.