Carpool Permit Restrictions
Carpool Permit Eligibility Requirements
Carpool permits are an excellent way to save money and split the cost of driving. In addition, you'll enjoy our preferential carpool parking spaces within Parking Structure 1 and 2, as well as general spaces in Parking Structure 1, 2 and 3.
- A carpool must include between 2-4 participants, whose class schedules begin or end within 2 hours.
- Class schedules must permit you to carpool for a minimum of three days per week.
- Carpoolers must be registered for 9 or more credits.
- Carpoolers must live within the same zip code OR be located along a logical route to PSU's campus.
- All carpool participants are restricted from purchasing other parking permits during the term.
- Carpools may include both PSU students and staff/faculty.
All carpool participants must be present in person at our office to purchase a carpool permit. No exceptions. Carpool permits are issued in pairs, if at least two cars are registered to the carpool. Each participant may register a vehicle, but only two physical permits will be issued.
To avoid a citation:
If using two carpool permits, do not bring both vehicles to campus at the same time. You will be cited for misuse of permit ($80) to each vehicle ($160!). Abuse of the carpool permit, whether intentional or accidental, is serious and expensive. It is extremely important for carpool participants to communicate with one another when coming to campus in separate vehicles with carpool permits, in order to avoid being cited.