Transportation and Parking Services provides, communicates, and manages transportation options in an equitable, service-oriented manner to contribute to the health of the PSU community. Because of the limited parking resources at PSU, the strict and uniform enforcement of parking regulations is a key component in providing this service.
Other goals of our service:
- Maximize the capacity of each parking space on campus
- Create and maintain a sustainable financial structure capable of expanding to accommodate the changing needs of PSU
- Maintain a work environment where TAPS employees' morale and retention is high
- Have transparent, easy-to-navigate policies which are communicated in a friendly and professional manner by well-trained, knowledgeable staff
- Actively promote and incentivize transit, bicycling, walking, and carpooling to reduce the percent of trips to PSU by single occupancy vehicles, and help meet PSU sustainability goals
- Include alternative transportation options in every interaction with the campus population in order to continue to normalize these modes