Applying to PSU
The most important steps:
- Submit your application early.
- Request your official transcripts from all colleges and universities attended.
Ready to apply? Click here!
Interested in co-admission? Co-admission requires a different application. For more information, click here.
What is an official transcript?
An official transcript or degree certificate is issued from the original source (i.e., college, university, technical school, or secondary school). Official documents must arrive at Portland State in the original sealed envelope as issued by the originating institution.
Official transcripts should be mailed to the following address:
Portland State University, Office of Admissions
PO Box 751
Portland, OR 97207 - 0751
What to expect while waiting for a decision
You will receive email notification when
- we receive your application
- we receive a transcript or other required documentation
- you are missing required admission documents
- when your application is complete and ready for review
- when we reach an admission decision
- Questions about the status of your application? You can email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 503-725-3511.
*Note that a failure to disclose all prior academic attendance could result in a student conduct violation with consequences up to and including revocation of admission. If you have concerns about previous poor performance, please contact an admission counselor for more information.