Apply to a Program
Students must first be admitted to Portland State University and, at the appropriate time, to the specific degree program within one of the College schools. Undergraduate students also may need to apply to their majors:
- Music Admission including audition, is required immediately, at the time of declaring the major. To proceed to upper division standing in the major, Music majors must also pass the Upper Division Examination.
- Architecture, Art + Design and Theater + Film request that students declare the major upon admission to the university in order to register for major-specific classes.
Upper Division Standing
- Fall Deadline - April 15 for Music, Theatre & Film, and Arts Studies; April 17 for the BFA in Art, May 31 for BA/BS in Graphic Design; June 1 for Architecture
- Winter Deadline - October 1 for Music
- Spring Deadline - December 15 for Theatre & Film; December 1 for Music
- Summer Deadline - January 15 for Music
Graduate Teacher Education Program (GTEP) and the MEd
Image: 2013 Studio MFA graduate work by Steve Brown