Apply to a Program
IMPORTANT NOTICE: PSU has one scholarship awarding cycle each year. The online scholarship applications become available in early October, and they are due the following: February 1st for undergraduates and March 31st for graduates. Scholarships awarded in this process will be available to students the following academic year.
THANK YOU FOR YOUR INTEREST IN APPLYING TO THE COLLEGE OF THE ARTS. BELOW ARE THE PATHWAYS FOR ADMISSION TO EACH OF OUR FOUR SCHOOLS AND OUR OTHER PROGRAMS.
- Music Admission is required immediately at the time of declaring the major. Additionally, to proceed to upper division standing in the major, Music majors must pass the Upper Division Examination.
- Architecture, Art & Design, Theatre & Film, and Arts Studies require that students declare the major upon admission to the university in order to register for classes in those majors. Students must apply to be admitted to upper division standing (90 or more credits) in the major, at the time of their last quarter as a lower division student.
- Fall Deadline - April 15 for Music, Theatre & Film, and Arts Studies; April 17 for the BFA in Art, May 31 for BA/BS in Graphic Design; June 1 for Architecture
- Winter Deadline - October 1 for Music
- Spring Deadline - December 15 for Theatre & Film, and Arts Studies; December 1 for Music
- Summer Deadline - January 15 for Music
Image: 2013 Studio MFA graduate work by Steve Brown