The Sustainability Travel Awards program has a total budget of $5,000 for faculty/staff and $5,000 for students for 2015-2016. Please read the below information as the award process has changed. For the 2015-16 academic year, Sustainability Travel Awards will be capped at $500 per recipient.
Types of Travel
Awards will only be given for travel to present at a conference or similar event. Individual, panel, and invited speakers are encourage to apply. Poster only presentations will not be funded.
Faculty: Faculty who are teaching or have taught an identified sustainability course may apply. If your course is not listed, you may submit your syllabus for review to email@example.com to see if you are eligible.
Staff: All staff who work on sustainability initiatives may apply. Both your job duties and the presentation must be sustainability related.
Students: Students who major or minor in an undergraduate or graduate sustainability-related degree or certificate may apply.
Award notifications will be made approximately 2 weeks after the application due date.
Fall term 2015: Applications due Oct. 5 for travel occurring Sept. 1, 2015-Dec. 31, 2015
Winter term 2016: Applications due Jan. 8 for travel occurring Jan. 1, 2016 - March 31, 2016
Spring term 2016: Applications due April 1 for travel occurring April 1, 2016 - June 30, 2016
Awards are competitive and will be based on the following:
- The presentation’s relevance and applicability to the integrated framework of sustainability.
- Preference will be given to travel to present research related to the ISS focus areas of urban sustainability, ecosystem services, and health equity
- How presenting provides opportunities or benefits that extend beyond the event (publications, collaborations, etc.)
- Contribution of presentation toward professional development
- Clear application and budget
- Preference will be given to individuals with matching funds and no prior ISS funding