Why wait to change our world? Start right here on campus.
Do you have an inspired idea to make our university more sustainable? We believe Portland State students don’t have to wait until graduation to change our world. Instead, they can start right here on our campus, a vibrant living laboratory where students can roll up their sleeves and work on sustainability at an approachable scale.
The mission of the Solutions Generator is to inspire students as change agent leaders capable of envisioning, implementing, and assessing holistic sustainability solutions on campus and in the community.
By utilizing the campus and community as a living lab for place-based projects, multi-disciplinary teams gain skills and self-efficacy through a process of discovery, active application, and reflection with faculty and program mentors.
The purpose of the Solutions Generator program is to:
- Catalyze student-led projects that contribute solutions for holistic sustainability of the campus, city, region, and world.
- Provide students with experiential opportunities to develop themselves as sustainability-literate change agent leaders.
- Embed sustainability across the curriculum and through the student experience by connecting academic affairs, student affairs, and operations.
- Establish collaborative partnerships throughout the University and community.
- Contribute to and assess the impact of student projects on PSU sustainability initiatives and student learning.
Note for Faculty
There are several ways that faculty can be involved in support of the Solutions Generator:
- Promote the program to students in your classes.
- Send or bring students to the Team Builder Event to learn about, vote for, and join teams for the proposed project ideas.
- Volunteer to be a faculty mentor for relevant student project teams.
- Integrate Solutions Generator opportunities into your courses.
If you have questions or ideas about the above opportunities, please contact Angela Hamilton at email@example.com.