Green Campus Tour: Shattuck Hall
Shattuck Hall is certified LEED Gold and is home to PSU’s Architecture program. Originally built in 1914 as Shattuck Elementary School, this building has become a model for green building renovation. The design includes abundant day-lighting, and an efficient radiant heating and cooling ceiling panel system. Exposed pipes allow students and visitors to understand how the system works.
Outside, the new Shattuck Hall Ecological Learning Plaza (SHEL Plaza) doubles as a public garden and research lab for innovating sustainable building materials and methods. The plaza currently features a model sloped green roof, vertical gardens with solar-powered equipment that monitors water filtration, and a permeable cobblestone floor to naturally filter storm water runoff. Every few years the plaza will be remodeled to feature a new green building research project. More information.
2. Academic & Student Rec Center
3. Bike Hub
4. Shattuck Hall Ecological Learning Plaza
6. Smith Memorial Student Union
7. Collaborative Life Sciences Building
9. Broadway Building
10. Native American Student Center
11. Stott Community Field
12. Epler Hall & Splash Boxes
13. Community Garden & Orchard
14. Bike Garage with Living Roof