Get Involved: Faculty & Staff
Portland State’s sustainability efforts rely on the passion, energy, and expertise of faculty and staff from departments across campus. Stay informed, get involved, and help us build a more sustainable campus, community, and world.
- Sign up for our monthly sustainability
e-newsletter to get updates about news,
opportunities, and events.
- Attend an upcoming sustainability event.
- Connect with the PSU community through Switchboard, an online space to ASK for things you need and OFFER what you have—project ideas, mentorships, furniture...
- Take your students out of the classroom to engage
with community-based learning projects as part of
the Sustainable Neighborhoods Initiative.
- Use our campus as a living lab to design and
implement sustainability projects that transform
our campus while helping our students learn.
- Explore the Institute for Sustainable Solutions’
focal research areas to see how your work might
align with other researchers at PSU.
- Apply to become a Faculty Fellow of the Institute for Sustainable Solutions and join a cross-campus network of diverse faculty.
- Contact the Institute for Sustainable Solutions to schedule an in-class presentation about ways
students can get involved with sustainability.
- Submit your course syllabus to email@example.com for possible inclusion in PSU’s list of sustainability courses.
- Integrate sustainable practices into the classroom and coursework with this toolkit.
- Join the ranks of the changemakers at PSU.
- Check out what other actions you can take to help
keep our campus green.
- Start a green team or make your department a
- Sustainability Travel Awards are available to assist faculty and staff with expenses associated with attending key sustainability conferences and events.
- Find information for researchers about securing and managing sponsored projects and obtaining approvals from compliance committees.
- If you have identified a funding source for a project or initiative related to sustainability and need assistance developing your proposal, contact Scott Shlaes, director of development for sustainability initiatives.
- Apply now for the Institute for Sustainable Solutions faculty-led grant program. Deadline: April 11