The primary charges to the Enrollment Management & Student Affairs Assessment Council are to articulate, implement, and then monitor the assessment agenda for Enrollment Management & Student Affairs. The goal of the Council is create a systemic and systematic culture of assessment where we used data, in all its forms, to inform our educational practices and to ensure student success. The Council will work collaboratively and consensually to this end. Eight guiding themes focus the work of this Assessment Council:
- Develop a common language of assessment and identify our core outcomes that are aligned to our Student Affairs values, and address Campus-Wide Learning Outcomes assessment of student learning and development.
- Establish and provide all Student Affairs staff with assessment training and resources as they develop their assessment competency.
- Create standardized, integrative reporting processes and forms for assessment planning, assessment plan review, and annual reports.
- Create processes to monitor assessment planning/progress, the use of assessment results, the level of assessment activity, and to provide effective feedback.
- Advise on Division and University-wide assessment projects and initiatives.
- Increase visibility of assessment in Student Affairs, both internally and externally to the University.
- Reward excellence by acknowledging the assessment efforts across our Division.
- Foster a collaborative assessment environment of shared expertise.