Leadership Fellows Program
- Students are placed in small groups (cohorts) of 20-25.
- Four (4) Leadership Fellows meetings/classes during the second, fourth, sixth, and eighth weeks of Fall, Winter, and Spring terms. The time stays consistent throughout the year.
- Cohorts will have a guiding theme for the year.
- In your application, let us know which theme and time you prefer.
Benefits of becoming a Leadership Fellow
- Develop your leadership skills to better serve your student organization.
- Develop understanding, knowledge, and skills that you can use in your career and community work.
- Meet other student organization leaders and share insights.
- $400 scholarship per term.
- Optional three 400-level credits per term (for up to 6 credits). *
To become a Leadership Fellow, students must...
- Hold a leadership position in a student organization.
- Be an undergraduate with over a 2.5 Portland State GPA and plan to take 6 credits per term or be a graduate student with over a 3.0 Portland State GPA and plan to take 5 credits per term.
- Be open to new experiences, motivated and hardworking, Service oriented, and have a desire to develop as a leader.
- Application will be availble May 1, 2016.
- Fill out the following application by August 14, 2016. Students who get their applications in by June 12th will be given first priority. Link to application: https://orgsync.com/13423/forms/190689
Cohort Themes and Times for 2016-2017***
- Team Work: Tuesdays 12-1:30 (Facilitators: Aimee Shattuck and Israa Hasani)
- Social Justice: Wednesdays 10:30-12 (Facilitator: Virginia Luka and Dianna Foulke)
- Sustainability: Fridays 2-3:30 (Facilitators: Courtney Bailey and Angela Hamilton)
- Consciousness of Self: (Hybrid) - This cohort is only available for students who have already completed 1 or more years of Leadership Fellows. This Cohort will meet mainly on-line with in-person meetings once per quarter. In-person sessions will be the second Tuesday of each quarter from 5:00-7:00pm Fridays (Facilitator: Brian Janssen and TBD)
*Credits count towards Civic Leadership Minor practicum
** Students in ASPSU, Programming Board, or Student Leaders for Service will automatically be placed in Leadership Fellows and are not able to enroll twice.
*** Cohort descriptions will be available by May 1st.
For more information about the theory, pedegogy, and assessment behind Leadership Fellows, please click here: https://sites.google.com/a/pdx.edu/leadership-fellows-at-portland-state/home