Join or Start Student Organization
HOW DO I FIND A STUDENT ORGANIZATION?
Go to http://salpsync.orgsync.com/ to search for student organizations by keyword, name or catagory.
HOW DO I JOIN A STUDENT ORGANIZATION?
There are multiple ways that you can join a student organization.
- Attend events or meetings open to the public and inquire about becoming a member.
- Look for job postings for student organization leadership positions on fliers or group websites.
- Become a member of the group through OrgSync.
- Create an online profile on OrgSync.
- In the group section you will have the chance to request group membership for the organizations you are interested in. Some organizations may have membership requirements. Joining the organization through the OrgSync system allows you to get event updates, news, and more.
HOW DO I START A STUDENT ORGANIZATION
Student organizations will be recognized for the 2013-14 academic year in Spring 2013. If you would like to get a group started earlier than spring term, you can apply and may be recognized as a forming group. Functioning as a forming group is a great way to get started. For the complete policy on student organization recognition, including definitions, privileges, and responsibilities, please click here. If you would like to discuss the process, what to have prepared, and how you might function before becoming officially recognized, please e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.
Steps for recognition/affiliation:
- Create an OrgSync profile at www.orgsync.com. When prompted to choose an organization to join select "register a new organization". Fill out the entire form.
- Have a meeting with your assigned SALP advisor and three leaders of your group by April 5. Call 503-725-4452 to schedule.
If you are interested in starting a recreation student organization, the process is a bit different. Please contact Peter Kramer at email@example.com.
For more information on recognition and affiliation of student groups, read the full policy.