School of Social Work Continuing Education
Social Work Community Sharing Events
We host monthly workshops for professionals to learn new skills, hear current research and share best practices with one another. These events are open to everyone and CEU-qualifying education credit hours are usually available for participation. Please check back in the fall for our schedule. Have a great summer!
Free/Low Cost Community Events
These events are not hosted by continuing education, but are great opportunities to continue to learn and grow as a professional!
- National Association of Social Workers (NASW): upcoming offerings >>
- Social Welfare Action Alliance (SWAA): upcoming offerings >>
Getting Your Course Certified
PSU’s School of Social Work is one of two entities in Oregon allowed to certify a course for Continuing Education Hours for social workers. SSWCE offers logistical support for continuing education events including securing a venue, event registration, marketing, on-site support, participant certficiates and evaluation reports. If you are interested in offering a course, please contact Jessica Miller.
In a two-year reporting period, Oregon's Board of Licensed Social Workers requires:
- Registered baccalaureate social worker: minimum of 20 hours of creditable continuing education, including a minimum of 6 hours of ethics.
- Master's social worker: minimum of 30 hours of creditable continuing education, including a minimum of 6 hours of ethics.
- Licensed clinical social worker: minimum of 40 hours of creditable continuing education, including a minimum of 6 hours of ethics.
For more information, visit www.oregon.gov/BLSW.