Portland State University won eight excellence awards -- including two top honors -- from the Council for Advancement and Support of Education (CASE). The awards were presented Thursday, Feb. 14, at the annual CASE District VIII conference in Portland.
CASE is a professional association serving educational institutions and their advancement professionals in alumni relations, communications, development, and marketing. CASE is divided into eight districts in North America. District VIII includes colleges and universities throughout the Pacific Northwest, Alaska and the western half of Canada.
PSU won CASE’s Grand Gold award for the “Oregon is Our Classroom” ads designed by Art Director Brett Forman. It also won a Gold award for “PSU Chronicles,” a student blog managed by PSU’s Office of University Communications.
Other winners were:
- Faculty Recommender Campaign, which uses photos, posters and profile articles to promote PSU faculty.
- Portland State of Mind, a community celebration of PSU
- Marketing and communications surrounding PSU’s urban renewal authority investment
- PSU Magazine, edited by Kathryn Kirkland, in the category of magazines with a circulation of 75,000 or more
- “Oregon is Our Classroom” ad campaign in the category of Marketing, Recruiting, Student Involvement, Community or Government Relations Projects.
- Portland State of Mind Instagram Launch & Photo Contest