The Department of Speech and Hearing Sciences adheres to the PSU policy of non-discrimination. PSU supports equal opportunity in admissions, education, employment, and use of facilities by prohibiting discrimination in those areas based on age, color, disability, marital status, national origin, race, religion or creed, sex or gender, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any other applicable basis in rule or law. This policy implements local, state, and federal laws (including Title IX and Administrative Rules pertaining to prohibited discrimination); inquiries about it should be directed to the Affirmative Action & Equal Opportunity Office. More information, including the discrimination grievance process, can be found at the Office of Diversity and Inclusion.
Policy for Problems & Complaints
Students in the Department of Speech and Hearing Sciences are encouraged to follow the University's recommended sequence for addressing problems and complaints. The student is advised to consult with individuals in the order listed below; that is, they should consult the first person on the list and move to the next person or office on the list if the problem is not resolved to their satisfaction.
1. Class Instructor
2. Academic Advisor
3. Chair of the Department of Speech and Hearing Sciences
4. Dean of the College of Liberal Arts and Sciences, or his representative
Additional Resources and Policies at PSU:
- Consensual Relationships Policy
- Office of Diversity and Inclusion. This office supports resources, groups, and services at PSU for diversity and inclusion.
- Office of Student Affairs. The Office of Student Affairs may be contacted after all the steps for academic procedures have been completed for problems and complaints, as outlined above.
- Office of the Dean of Student Life may be contacted at any time when a student has an academic problem or concern.
- Sexual Harassment Policy.