Susan Ginley, M.A., CCC-SLP, Senior Instructor & Adviser
Speech & Hearing Sciences Department
PO Box 751
Portland State University
Portland, OR 97207-0751
Office Location: Neuberger Hall 85D
Toll Free: 1.800.547.8887 x3546
Areas of Expertise:
- Adult Neurogenic Communication Disorders
- Group Therapy
- Accent Reduction Therapy
- Student Pre-Clinical Learning
- M.A., Communication Disorders & Sciences, University of Oregon, Eugene, Oregon
- B.A., Communication Disorders & Sciences, University of Oregon, Eugene, Oregon
- SPHR 550 Advanced Speech Disorders practicum
- SPHR 409/509 Stroke Camp practicum
- SPHR 395 Directed Clinical Assistantship
- SPHR 394 Guided Observation
- PSU liaison for two community-based self-help groups for individuals & families living with aphasia.
- Starting a new community-based self-help groups for individuals & families living with aphasia.
Prior to joining the Speech & Hearing Sciences program at PSU in 2001, she worked as a speech-language pathologist in a medical setting for 15 years. Susan's clinical area of expertise is adult acquired neurogenic communication disorders. Since beginning work at PSU as a clinical instructor, Susan has expanded the client base for individual clinical sessions on-campus, while also growing the clinical experience to include working with adults in groups both on and off campus. Susan is a PSU supervisor for Aphasia Cam Northwest, an intensive two-day camp for stroke survivors with aphasia and their families, where students are able to work with clients in a naturalistic setting. Susan has also worked with stroke survivors with aphasia and their families in developing and maintaining self-help support groups in the community.