The Department of Speech & Hearing Sciences at Portland State University offers pre-professional and professional degree training programs in three ways:
- Undergraduate degree program, for students seeking a background in Speech-Language Pathology, Audiology, or Speech and Hearing Sciences. This program leads to a Bachelor's degree.
- Post-baccalaureate program, for students who have a Bachelor's degree in another area, but who wish to complete pre-requisite coursework prior to seeking graduate education in Speech-Language Pathology or Audiology.
- Master's degree program, for students who have taken all pre-requisite coursework and seek the Master's degree in Speech-Language Pathology. The Master's degree is the entry-level degree for professional employment as a Speech-Language Pathologist.
I'm a prospective student... Whom should I contact with questions?
- Prospective undergraduate or transfer student seeking a bachelor's degree in Speech & Hearing Sciences at PSU.
- Prospective post-baccalaureate student who needs to complete pre-requisites for graduate admission in a Speech-Language Pathology or Audiology graduate program.
- Prospective graduate student who has completed all the necessary pre-requisite coursework.
For information about our Departmental course offerings, see the SPHR Course Descriptions.