The Speech & Hearing Sciences Department's 5-year strategic plan demonstrates our commitment to stronger educational offerings, enhancing clinical offerings, and further research agendas. Objectives include:
1. Explore undergraduate and post-baccalaureate program revisions, including:
- Evaluating of UG program requirements in light of the new 2014 ASHA certification requirements
- Improving how our undergraduate major addresses students who are going into fields outside of speech-language pathology.
2. Systematize coordination of classes, research, and clinic.
3. Build stronger community and alumni relations
4. Pursue external funding
5. Explore a Ph.D. program
6. Advocate for program at university, local, community and state levels
7. Investigate methods to increase technology for pedagogical purposes