Search Google Appliance

Post-Baccalaureate Program

A Master’s Degree is required to be a licensed speech-language pathologist and an Au.D. is required to be a licensed audiologist.  Admission to the PSU graduate program in speech-language pathology requires that students either have an undergraduate degree in Speech and Hearing Sciences or have completed the required prerequisite courses.  PSU does not offer a graduate program in audiology.

Students who have a degree in an area other than Speech and Hearing Sciences can take the prerequisite requirements as a post-baccalaureate student.  PortlandStateUniversity is on the quarter system and the prerequisite courses can be completed in one academic year (Fall, Winter and Spring Quarters) if taken as a full-time post-baccalaureate student.  Students can apply to the two-year graduate program while they are in the process of completing the prerequisite coursework.  The prerequisites can also be completed part-time over two years or more. Students who complete the prerequisite coursework at PSU can apply to any accredited Speech and Hearing Sciences graduate program in the country in speech-language pathology or audiology.