Search Google Appliance


1. I am currently a Portland State student. Do I need to submit a PSU transcript?

Yes. Official transcripts for all US institutions, including Portland State University, must be included in your CSDCAS application as well as your PSU supplemental application. 

2. What major code do I use for the PSU Office of Graduate Studies application?

The code for the Speech and Hearing Sciences program is SHSM.

3. Where do I send the GRE Scores?

You will need to have GRE scores sent directly to PSU using Institutional Code 0684.  Because the application deadline is January 15, you should make sure the scores will arrive by then.

4. I am a current SPHR student, can I ask a Speech and Hearing Sciences professor at PSU to write a recommendation for me?

YES. The faculty in the Speech and Hearing Sciences Program at PSU can write letters of recommendation for applicants applying to the Speech and Hearing Sciences graduate program.

5. Whom should I ask for recommendations?

The recommendation may be from college or university instructors, from employers, from supervisors or volunteer work, etc. Letters should not be from family members or friends. Students should seek recommendations from persons who can address the applicant's potential for success, academically and/or clinically, in the graduate program.

6. What should I write about in my personal statement?

Please discuss your interests in pursuing a graduate degree in speech-language pathology. Include a discussion of your background and the academic and personal strengths that you will bring to graduate studies and clinical practice. The personal statement is a critical part of the application packet. Applicants should ensure that the statement is well organized, succinct and without errors in grammar or spelling. 

Please also see PSU FAQs.