Jeff Conn, Ph.D.
- SPHR 370 Phonetics & Acoustics
- Applied Linguistics, Portland State University
PO Box 751
241 East Hall
Portland State University
Portland, OR 97207-0751
- Ph.D., Linguistics, University of Pennsylvania, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
- M.A., Teaching English to Speakers of Other Languages (TESOL), Portland State University, Portland, Oregon
- B.A., English, Portland State University, Portland, Oregon
Professional Background & Interests:
Jeff has been teaching in the Applied Linguistics department at Portland State since 2004, as well as teaching Phonetics and Acoustics through the Speech and Hearing Sciences department since 2007. His main interests are Phonetics, Phonology, Historical Linguistics and Sociolinguistics. His major focus is on language variation and dialect evolution, particularly in the Pacific Northwest.