Search Google Appliance

Initial Teaching License

Students who complete the Master's degree in speech-language pathology have the option of
completing the requirements for this credential that regulates individuals who work in public schools.
Students must complete the Initial License Program of Study in the Department of Speech and Hearing
Sciences (click here) and also receive a passing score on
the California Basic Skills Test (CBEST) or the Oregon Educator Licensure Assessments (ORELA) multiple
subjects test and the Speech-Language Pathology Praxis.

To apply for an Initial Teaching License, students should follow the instructions in the form titled
Instructions for the Initial Teaching License that can be found here. To be sure of completion of all requirements, students should refer to the Student File Review also found at
the link provided above.

Information and forms for an Oregon Initial Teaching License can be found on the Oregon Teachers
Standards and Practices Commission website.