Our excellent faculty, diverse student body, rigorous academic programs, and variety of clinical sites help to ensure that our graduates are well-prepared for their future professional work. Our location in the heart of Portland gives our students access to a wealth of clinical sites and provides unlimited cultural and recreational opportunities. We encourage you to explore our Web site so you can learn about what makes our program so special. Please take a moment to read about us, and be sure to check out these highlights:
The scholarship of our faculty reflects the interdisciplinary nature of the professions. The faculty is professionally engaged and well respected locally and nationally, while remaining committed to helping our students succeed.
We offer a variety and diversity of clinical placement opportunities. The SPHR Speech & Language Clinic is open to the public and offers a full range of pediatric and adult diagnostic and intervention services.
Our students are engaged with the University and the community through activities sponsored by the National Student Speech-Language-Hearing Association.
- Visit our online store, with products featuring artwork by Portland artist Ursula Barton.
- Learn about how to apply for our graduate program.
- See what professional development opportunities we are offering. These include advanced coursework, bilingual education opportunities, as well as continuing education workshops.
- Access the Academic Calendar to find dates and deadlines.
- Find your way to our department in Neuberger Hall on the campus map.
The master's degree in speech-language pathology at Portland State University in the Department of Speech and Hearing Sciences is accredited by the Council on Academic Accreditation in Speech-Language Pathology (CAA) of the American Speech-Language-Hearing Association, 2200 Research Boulevard #310, Rockville, Maryland 20850, 800-498-2071 or 301-296-5700.