Applications are now open! We’ve simplified our process - by submitting a single application in our new College Net application system you will be considered for admission by your program as well as at Portland State University. This new web based application system will allow you to input your personal information, upload materials, and track your application status from any online location. Select the name of your program in your CollegeNet application: "Infant/Toddler Mental Health, Certificate" for Infant/Toddler Mental Health.
See application requirements below for more information.
Before applying to our program you must:
- Possess a bachelor's degree from an accredited institution with a cumulative undergraduate GPA of a least 3.0
- Official transcripts from all institutions previously attended are required as part of the official application. Transcripts should be sent to the Portland State University Graduate School of Education PO Box 751 Portland, OR 97207-0751. Electronic official transcripts should be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org.
To complete your application to the Graduate School of Education (GSE), you are required to submit official transcripts from every institution of higher education that you have ever attended. This is true regardless of whether or not you earned a credential from that institution, or if those credits were transferred to another school. Please review the transcript requirements.
Transcripts are due by the application submission deadline. Applications without official transcripts submitted will be considered incomplete and may be disqualified from the review process or may not be reviewed in time for you to be admitted for your desired term.
Former PSU students do not need to submit transcripts that are already on file. Please use the PSU Graduate School of Education Transcript Request Form to notify the admissions team to pull your previous records.
- Begin your personal statement
- Prepare your resume (reflect your volunteer or work experience within the related field)
- Identify at least two people who can provide positive letters of recommendation for you. (Official instructions about the letter of recommendation will be provided as part of the new application process).
This application is year-round for any term. You will indicate which term you want to start taking courses in the application. In general, your application should be submitted by the follow dates for admission to specific terms:
Fall – June 1
Winter - October 1
Spring – April 1
Summer – May 15