Before applying to our program you must:
- Possess a bachelor's degree from an accredited institution with a cumulative undergraduate GPA of a least 2.75
Apply for graduate admissions to Portland State University using either the online or paper application found on the Graduate Admissions website.
Use this link to access our online program application, create a free account, then complete your application following the steps below. Be sure to write down the user name and password that you receive so that you can return to site and track the progress of your application as it is reviewed. Once you have an account and have logged in:
- Click the Create a New Application button
- Select SPED Master’s Only (does not include license) from the list of choices
- Fully complete both pages of the online application. If necessary, you can save and return to your application before it is completed, however you must click the Submit Application Now button when it is complete AND before the application deadline if you want to be considered.
Please note: You will find instructions for submitting your references and transcripts to the program admissions committee on page 1 of the application.
After submitting your application you will be able to track the review process through the application website.
- If you need assistance accessing the online application, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
- If you have questions about the application process, please email email@example.com
Fall – June 1
Winter - October 1
Spring – April 1
Summer – May 1