Profiles - Special Education
Browse by category:
- All Categories
- Campus Life
- Bike Hub
- Campus Public Safety
- Campus Recreation
- Daily Messages
- Diversity and Multicultural Student Services
- Diversity at PSU
- Housing Dining & Residence Life
- Information Technologies
- Portland State of Mind
- Vikings Athletics
- Louis Stokes Alliance for Minority Participation
- Multicultural Center
- Native American Student & Community Center
- Student Groups & Government
- Student Health and Counseling
- Student Legal Services
- Visit Portland State
- Women's Resource Center
- Academics & Research
- Portland Center for Public Humanities
- School of Business Administration
- Graduate School of Education
- Maseeh College of Engineering & Computer Science
- College of the Arts
- College of Liberal Arts & Sciences
- Applied Linguistics
- Black Studies
- Center for Japanese Studies
- Center for Lakes & Reservoirs
- Center for Science Education
- Chicano-Latino Studies
- Conflict Resolution
- General Studies
- International Studies
- Judaic Studies
- Mathematics & Statistics
- Native American Studies
- Religious Studies
- School of the Environment
- Speech & Hearing Sciences
- Women Gender and Sexuality Studies
- World Languages & Literatures
- School of Social Work
- College of Urban & Public Affairs
- School of Community Health
- Hatfield School of Government
- Institute of Portland Metropolitan Studies
- Toulan School of Urban Studies & Planning
- University Honors College
- PSU Library
- Academic Programs
- Center for Real Estate
- Center for Turkish Studies
- Challenge & LINK Programs
- Education Abroad
- Intensive English Language Program
- International Studies
- Middle East Studies Center
- Peace Corps Master's International
- Sustainability at PSU
- Systems Science Graduate Program
- University Studies
- Academic Services
- Office of Academic Innovation
- Advising & Career Services
- Undergraduate Admission
- International Admission
- Graduate Admission
- Post-Baccalaureate Admission
- Oregon Residency Status
- Disability Resource Center
- Financial Aid
- Graduate Studies
- Office of International Affairs
- Registration & Records
- Dean of Student Life
- Veterans' Services
- Writing Center
- Alumni & Giving
- Academic Affairs
- University Advancement
- Finance & Administration
- Government Relations
- Commission on the Status of Women
- University Communications
- Featured Content
- Global Diversity & Inclusion
Browse by profile type:
Meet Professor Hollie Hix-Small
Meet Twila Nesky
How can preservice special education teachers gain experience in our diverse public schools?
Ask Julie Poirier, full-time special education cohort leader
Meet special educator Holly Lawson
Meet a professor whose specialty is working with vision impaired learners.
New book published by Professor Ann Fullerton focuses on supporting persons with autism to choose and participate in recreation
Meet Professor Christopher Pinkney
Meet Professor Sam Sennott
How can individuals with speech and language disabilities harness the power of technology?
Meet Professor Tiffany Jones
What practices support professionals in identifying and teaching students who have skill deficits versus those with performance deficits? Tiffany Jones explores these questions with students in her instructional methods courses at PSU.
Ask Professor Sheldon Loman
How do we create schools that effectively support all learners in general education environments?
Meet Professor B. Lynn Coupland
Ms. Coupland knows how to differentiate a student's physical, mental or emotional special need from the challenge of learning the English language.
Ask Professor Randall De Pry
How do we support children and youth with challenging behavior in school and community settings?
Meet the first graduate of the Native American Urban Teacher Program
What would it be like to grow up Native American in our preK-12 school system? No one would know this better than Terri Reed, the first graduate of the American Indian Urban Teacher Program (AIUTP).
Ask Professor Julie Esparza Brown
How can you learn to differentiate between ELL students who are struggling because of second language acquisition issues or disorders?
Meet Professor Helen Young
Autism affects one child in 68. Where can teachers learn about effective educational practices for children with autism?
Meet Professor Amanda Sanford
How do we improve literacy outcomes for a diverse range of learners? Dr. Amanda Sanford explores this question in her instructional and supervisory role at Portland State University.
Meet Professor Leslie Munson
How can you approach your special education career through family-centered and strengths-based models? Dr. Leslie Munson emphasizes the importance of these approaches as she prepares students to provide services to children with special needs and their families.
Autism Training and Research Center
How do we improve the lives of individuals with autism spectrum disorders?
Project BRAILLE - USA
Meet Director Ruth Falco
All children, including those with special needs and disabilities, deserve inclusive and effective educational practices. Ask Professor Ruth Falco about research in the GSE that applies and develops these practices.
Meet Professor Chris Borgmeier
Find out how schools can implement evidence-based practices that provide safe, positive school experiences for ALL students.
Meet Professor Ann Fullerton
How many career paths are available and how many lives can you touch as a special educator? Ask Professor Ann Fullerton, Director of Research.