Kiwanis Program Student-Counselor Application Process
Before You Apply You should Know…
- Applications (below) must be completed and accepted before you can register for the class.
- Acceptance occurs on a 1st come 1st served basis.
- Students must attend orientation on Saturday (May 16th).
- Students spend 2 weeks onsite/at camp with a short weekend break in the middle (see Course Session)
- This course fulfills the capstone requirement and is also offered as an undergrad or grad course (see below).
- Print and complete the application form here:
- Read the following PDF before completing self-assessment in the application.
- Turn in completed application to the ED Building, Room 204U
- UNST 421 CAP: Learning about persons with disabilities - 6 credit hours (Senior Capstone - Required at PSU for BA degree). Capstone students may enroll in either the spring term (with an In Progress grade until completion of course in the summer) or in the summer term.
- SPED 460 Outdoor ED/REC for persons with disabilities - 6 credit hours (undergraduate)
- SPED 560 Outdoor ED/REC for persons with disabilities - 6 credit hours (graduate)
Note: Credit may be transferable to other colleges and universities. Contact us for information.
"I am so grateful for the experience I got at Mt. Hood Kiwanis Camp this summer. It is by far the most useful and meaningful class I have taken at PSU." -Jeanne Zoppo