Early Intervention Special Education Endorsement
A graduate teacher endorsement program to prepare early interventionists/early childhood special educators to provide services to young children (birth to age 8) with special needs and their families.
Applications due: Nov. 1 (early) or Feb. 1 (regular).
- Acquire skills to provide services to infants, toddlers, pre-kindergarten children with special needs, and their families
- Acquire skills to assist children with special needs to reach their maximum potential
- Gain necessary coursework to apply for licensure in EI/SE
- Add an EI/SE endorsement to your EL SPED or GEN ED EL
- Can be combined with other courses for a Masters in Special Education
- Fully online
- 21 credits for endorsement
- Cohort program
- Field experiences include classroom, home visiting, and consultation in child care models
- Focus on working with families from diverse backgrounds
- Early intervention specialists, early childhood special education teachers, Relief Nursery staff, teacher in parent program for teenagers, Head Start and Early Head Start staff
- For more information contact Kerry Goldstein, Program Manager, at Kerry.Goldstein@pdx.edu or 503-725-8321.