Early Intervention Special Education Endorsement
A graduate teacher endorsement program to prepare early interventionists/early childhood special educators to provide services to young children (birth to age 8) with special needs and their families. For the 2014 cohort scholarships may be available.
Next cohort begins June 2014; applications due April 1 or until filled.
- Acquire skills to provide services to infants, toddlers, pre-kindergarten children with special needs, and their families
- Acquire skills to assist children with special needs to reach their maximum potential
- Gain necessary coursework to apply for licensure in EI/SE
- Add an EI/SE endorsement to your EL SPED or GEN ED EL
- Can be combined with other courses for a Masters in Special Education
- Fully online
- 21 credits for endorsement
- Cohort program
- Field experiences include classroom, home visiting, and consultation in child care models
- Focus on working with families from diverse backgrounds
- Early intervention specialists, early childhood special education teachers, Relief Nursery staff, teacher in parent program for teenagers, Head Start and Early Head Start staff
- For more information contact Kerry Goldstein, Program Manager, at Kerry.Goldstein@pdx.edu or 503-725-8321.