Application Procedures (SPED)
The Department of Special Education requires two applications: one to Portland State University, and a department program specific application. It is important to follow the steps in sequence.
STEP 1: SPED department program application
- Apply for SPED program admissions by creating your application account through TK20.
- Once you have an account, click the "Create a New Application" button. Be sure to write down your username and password.
- Select the option SPED License + Masters: Summer 20xx.
- Fully complete all pages of the online application (you can save and return to your application before it is completed)
- To submit your file for review click the "Submit Application Now" button. You cannot make any changes after you have submitted your application.
- Submit by the deadline Nov. 1 (early admission), or Feb. 1 (regular admission), or until full.
After clicking “Submit Application Now” you will be able to see when we receive your application materials and any comments we have entered for you through your TK20 application account.
STEP 2: PSU application
- Apply for university graduate admissions through the PSU Admissions Office website
- Select “Special Education, MS” on checklist
- Submit by the deadline Nov. 1 (early), or Feb. 1 (regular), or until full.
STEP 3: SPED program application checklist
- ❒ Program specific application
- ❒ Official transcripts from every institution attended*
- ❒ Personal statement (writing prompt provided within application)
- ❒ Resume
- ❒ Two recommendation forms (forms are provided within application)
- ❒ Prerequisites courses: PSY 311, MTH 211, MTH 212, SPED 418
- ❒ Basic skill test
- ❒ Apply for scholarships
- ❒ Apply for FAFSA
* Order two sets: one for the SPED department admissions, and one for PSU’s university admissions
Questions about the application process?