Application Deadline for 2015-2017 cohort:
December 3, 2014 (early admission) | April 1, 2015 (final deadline) | or until filled
Admission to the Inclusive Elementary Educators program is selective and competitive. Each application receives a thorough review from the admissions committee. High values are placed on interpersonal skills, academic achievement, course work preparation, potential to meet the needs of pupils, collaboration skills, time management and organization, and successful experience with children (with and without disabilities). A goal of Portland State University's Graduate School of Education is to attract academically able students who reflect diverse cultural backgrounds and who seek to work with children of varying abilities. Applicants are interviewed by a team of faculty members and educators from the field.
Applicants must submit separate applications and required materials to both the University Admissions Office (104 NH) and to the Graduate School of Education Office (ED 204). The current deadline is April 1 (regular) for admission to the 2015-2017 cohort.
Apply for graduate admissions to Portland State University using either the online or paper application found on the Graduate Admissions website.
Use this link to access our online program application, create a free account, then complete your application following the steps below. Be sure to write down the user name and password that you receive so that you can return to site and track the progress of your application as it is reviewed.
Once you have an account and have logged in:
- Click the Create a New Application button
- Select IEEP Admissions Application from the list of choices
- Fully complete all pages of the online application. If necessary, you can save and return to your application before it is completed, however you must click the Submit Application Now button when it is complete AND before the application deadline if you want to be considered.
Please note: You will find instructions for submitting your references, test scores and transcripts to the program admissions committee in the application.
After submitting your application you will be able to track the review process through the application website.
- If you need assistance accessing the online application, please email email@example.com
- If you have questions about the application process, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
Application Deadline: April 1. This program starts every other year (odd numbered years).