Application for 2017 will open September 1.
View the GSE Application Deadlines
Applicants must meet the following requirements:
- Possess a bachelor's degree from an accredited institution with a cumulative undergraduate GPA of a least 3.0
- Provide a printout of your current Oregon teaching license from the TSPC website
- Complete all prerequisite course work
Applying for graduate admission to Portland State University
- Create your online application and select the AddSPED program application under the Graduate School of Education options (see screen shot)
- You will be asked to provide two letters of recommendation as part of your application which will be sent electronically through the application system
- Official transcripts from all institutions previously attended are required as part of the official application. Transcripts should be sent to the Portland State University Graduate School of Education PO Box 751 Portland, OR 97207-0751. Electronic official transcripts should be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org.
To complete your application to the Graduate School of Education (GSE), you are required to submit official transcripts from every institution of higher education that you have ever attended. This is true regardless of whether or not you earned a credential from that institution, or if those credits were transferred to another school. Please review the transcript requirements.
Transcripts are due by the application submission deadline. Applications without official transcripts submitted will be considered incomplete and may be disqualified from the review process or may not be reviewed in time for you to be admitted for your desired term.
Former PSU students do not need to submit transcripts that are already on file. Please use the PSU Graduate School of Education Transcript Request Form to notify the admissions team to pull your previous records.
- A $65 application fee will be assessed upon submission of the application
- Students who are accepted and matriculate into the program will be assessed a one-time matriculation fee of $325. If you are a former PSU student, you will not be charged this fee
If you have questions about the application process, please email email@example.com
IMPORTANT PROGRAM AND UNIVERSITY POLICY INFORMATION
- Students registered for fewer than 5 credits a term are not eligible for financial aid for that term
- Summer term courses are scheduled during daytime hours Monday through Thursday for both part time and full time program options
- Students registered for 5 credits or more are required to maintain health insurance and are automatically enrolled in the health insurance program provided by PSU. Assessed premiums are added to students’ accounts. Students with existing health insurance may waive this requirement once each academic year. PSU Student Health Insurance Information