Student Legal Services can typically assist eligible students with most family law matters provided the opposing party is not also a P.S.U. student. For family law matters Student Legal Services can only assist in cases where jurisdiction is in Oregon. When appropriate, Student Legal Services may be able to provide direct representation in Multnomah, Washington, Clackamas counties.
Student Legal Services can usually advise on Oregon cases involving:
- Custody and parenting time
- Paternity issues
- Step-parent and domestic partner adoptions
- Third party custody issues
- Division of property in non-marital cases (both same and opposite sex domestic partnerships)
- Child support
- Restraining and stalking orders
Student Legal Services is unable to assist in cases involving:
- Complex assets
- Tax or valuation issues
If your case involves these issues, please contact Student Legal Services for an appropriate referral.
If you are an eligible P.S.U. student and would like Student Legal Services' assistance in a family law matter, please contact us to schedule a consultation.