Proctored Correspondence/Distance Exams
Portland State University (PSU) is available to students and community members who are in need of proctoring services either for distance education or licensure and certification programs. As a member of the Consortium of College Testing Centers (CCTC), PSU adheres to the CCTC guidelines and practices. PSU offers administration and proctoring services for both on-line and paper/pencil exams. Contact Testing Services for more information.
Appointments are required and available as space permits. Register for a time here. The deadline to schedule is two days prior to the day of the test. If you need to reschedule your appointment, you must register for a new appointment through the online system. There are no refunds. At this time, we do not proctor International Exams.
The non-refundable, non-transferrable fee is $28 per test, paid by credit card only.
On the day of the test bring:
- A photo ID.
- Permitted testing materials, such as a calculator.
Send us the following by postal mail, e-mail, or fax:
- Test materials.
- Thorough proctoring instructions.
- A return envelope is required if you would like the exam returned to you via postal mail, which will be done promptly after the test.
Tesing Services Responsibilities
- Receipt, inventory, secure storage, and return of testing materials
- Quiet, well-lit testing rooms with limited distractions
- Well-trained, professional staff to administer exams
- Strict adherence to high standards of test administration:
- Examinees are positively identified on the basis of current, valid, photo ID
- Staff monitor examinees at all times in the testing room or through audio/visual equipment and viewing windows (when available)
- Careful adherence to testing rules
- Accurate timing on exams
- Communicate procedures clearly to the student and instructor