Testing Services proctors make-up exams for PSU students who miss an exam due to illness or certain outside activities. Traditionally, faculty give make-up exams in their office or in the department office at alternate times. Testing Services offers proctoring as a courtesy service to faculty who may not have the time and/or space to supervise a student's make-up exam. We cannot guarantee space. For information about proctoring DRC Accommodated Exams or non-PSU Exams, please follow the links on the left side menu.
Students are required to make an appointment, and a $10 fee is assessed them on their student account.
PSU Student Responsibilities
Appointments are required. Schedule online here. Same day appointments cannot be made online; you must schedule at least 24 hours prior to your intended appointment time. You must receive permission from your instructor to take the exam at Testing Services, and it is best to remind your instructor to send your exam along with the proctoring form.
For PSU students who are taking an exam that requires a computer (such as the ALEKS, WebCAPE, BYU FLATS, or Arabic Language exam) you must call Testing Services directly at 503.725.5301 to schedule your testing appointment.
The fee is $10 per test and will automatically be applied to the student's account. The fee is non-refundable.
On the day of the test:
- Be on time
- Bring a photo ID AND any permitted testing materials, such as a calculator or scantron
PSU Instructor Responsibilities
Required: Deliver or send the following materials in person or via e-mail, fax, or campus mail:
- The exam.
- The proctoring form. Required. Please save the form to your desktop, and if you choose to e-mail the exam materials, send it as an attachment. This form enables us to administer the exam as you instruct on the proctoring form. Please fill out the form completely, including the deadline, which we strictly adhere to. Students will be turned away and will not be permitted to test past this date without your explicit permission. Student's name and all other areas are required.
Testing Services Responsibilities
- Receipt, inventory, secure storage, and return of testing materials
- Quiet, well-lit testing rooms with limited distractions
- Well-trained, professional staff to administer exams
- Strict adherence to high standards of test administration including:
- Examinees are positively identified on the basis of current, valid, photo ID
- Staff monitor examinees at all times in the testing room or through audio/visual equipment and viewing windows (when available)
- Careful adherence to testing rules
- Accurate timing on exams
- Adherence to PSU Code of Conduct
- Communicate procedures clearly to the student and instructor